Director of Banquets
Offre d'emploi #6071
- Employer: The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
- Location: Hors Calgary
- Date d'affichage: oct. 30, 2019
- Date de clôture: nov. 29, 2019
We are looking for a Director of Banquets
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
We are looking for a strong leader with sound knowledge of hotel operations. The successful incumbent would have a strong internal drive to succeed, ensuring ongoing measures are taken to deliver and maintain high levels of both guest and employee satisfaction. Our top candidate will have strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple areas, and delivering quick decisions while maintaining an efficient and safe workplace.
As the Director of Banquets, you will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of all contracted events. You will be responsible for providing leadership, training and frequent evaluation of all banquet colleagues and leaders, maintaining training programs to ensure a high degree of professionalism, service, and results; ensure that budgeted costs are not exceeded and revenue targets are being met; conducting regular department meetings and continually strive for improved department functioning; ensure proper care, security and maintenance of banquet equipment and storage areas through proper supervision of service personnel.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have previous experience as a Banquet Manager in a similar work setting.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca