Offre d'emploi #5262
- Employer: People Ready pour le Cirque du Soleil
- Location: Calgary
- Date d'affichage: Jul 12, 2019
- Date de clôture: Jul 25, 2019
Prep Cooks jobs in. These Prep Cooks jobs are Temporary opportunities!
Prep Cooks jobs require candidates to prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment. within a food service environment. If you meet the qualifications listed below – Apply Now!
Responsibilities for Prep Cooks jobs include but are not limited to:
- Prepare cold and hot sections of the kitchen service line
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Receive and put away food deliveries
- Clean and organize prep-area
- Mop back of Kitchen floors
- Throw out garbage, compost, and recycling
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for Prep Cooks jobs:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Available for the whole city duration
- Must be available Tuesdays – Sundays
- 2+ years hands on kitchen experience or effective combination of education and experience
- Experience working the hot line / grill section AND the cold larder / salad bar section in professional catering or a busy restaurant environment is essential
- Culinary skills and techniques for preparing small and large quantities of food
- Strong knife skills are essential - Must own your own knives
- Ability to handle and prepare a variety of raw and cooked foods
- Strong understanding and compliance with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Potential for heavy lifting, may work on one’s feet for up to 10 hours, work in loud environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, days, evenings and weekends
- Attention to detail, motivated, and take good direction
- Must be punctual, reliable, and able to work in a team environment
What's in this for you?
- Pay rates starting at hr!
- Daily or Weekly Pay – you receive a paycheck every Daily or week
- Comprehensive benefits after– medical, dental, vision, options available to be considered for this Prep Cooks job at Cirque du Soleil in!
If you you are interested please call our office to book an appointment:
150/152 58th Avenue SW -403-640-7768
10-3745 Memorial Drive SE -403-235-1665
or you can send your resume and we will call you to book an appointment with you to register.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.