On-Call Library Assistant
Offre d'emploi #4865
- Employer: Calgary French & International School (CFIS)
- Location: Calgary
- Date d'affichage: Apr 03, 2019
- Date de clôture: Apr 30, 2019
ON-CALL LIBRARY ASSISTANTS
(PRESCHOOL TO GRADE 12)
Director of Educational Technology and Innovation
On-Call, Casual, Temporary
Calgary French & International School (CFIS) is a full French language immersion co-educational independent school, serving over 750 students from preschool through to Grade 12. CFIS develops each student’s individual and academic potential in an academically rigorous program that is enriched with internationally-focused learning experiences and engagement in athletics and the fine arts. CFIS values openness, inquisitiveness, and understanding of both the community and the world beyond each student’s experience, and provides its students and employees with opportunities to lead and grow in a culture of mutual respect, creativity, innovation, and critical thinking. CFIS is a caring and supportive community for its students, faculty, and staff.
CFIS is seeking candidates for On-Call Library Assistant positions for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year. Successful candidates would be available for on-call, casual replacement of employees in our elementary and secondary division libraries, and after school care programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the implementation of the daily program and instructional activities;
- Work with children in groups, small group or individually to develop knowledge, skills, and competencies;
- Provide thorough and active supervision of students at all times, and developmentally appropriate behavioural guidance;
- Participate in maintaining a safe, clean, and welcoming library environment;
- Organize, shelve and repair library materials;
- Issue, renew, and discharge learning materials in collaboration with the Library Technician;
- Prepare displays and promotional materials as requested;
- Support children’s ongoing development and growth, in alignment with best practices in early childhood and French immersion education;
- Engage with the children while being able to provide a safe environment for the group;
- Assist with before- or after-school programming for students in preschool to Grade 6;
- Maintain professional attitudes and loyalty to CFIS;
- Maintain confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees inside and outside of the school;
- Follow directions given by the Library Technicians, Coordinator of Before and After School Programs, and Director of Educational Technology & Innovation;
- Other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Awareness of best practices in French immersion education;
- Awareness of licensing and accreditation requirements in early childhood programs;
- Sensitivity to the needs and feelings of others;
- Warm, friendly, positive personality;
- Ability to relate well to children and colleagues;
- Exemplary communication skills;
- Professionalism in dealing with all stakeholders;
- Interpersonal skills that foster collegiality and blend with CFIS’s values; and
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and growth.
- Fluently bilingual (French and English);
- Early Childhood Education certification with a minimum of Level 1 Child Care Assistant required;
- Valid Standard Level B (Childcare) First Aid certification; and
- An understanding of the emergent curriculum model.
Prior experience working in library or with children aged 3-18 would be an asset. The successful applicant will need to provide a recent Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing work.
As per the CFIS hourly pay grid.
The posting will remain open until successful candidates are found. If you meet the above qualifications and wish to apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants are thanked in advance for their submissions.