Summer Camp Assistant
Offre d'emploi #4820
- Employer: Lycée Louis Pasteur
- Location: Calgary
- Date d'affichage: May 22, 2019
- Date de clôture: Jun 20, 2019
SUMMER CAMP ASSISTANT
Founded in 1966, the Lycée Louis Pasteur is a non-denominational private French school. It is the only pre K to Grade 12 school in Western Canada both accredited by the French Ministry of Education and Alberta Education.
Reporting to the Child Care Coordinator, the Summer Camp Assistant is responsible for preparing and delivering the summer camp program to children at the Lycée. The Summer Camp Assistant will liaise with coordinators and administration as necessary. Summer Camp Assistants have a critical role in executing the mission, vision and philosophies of Lycée Louis Pasteur.
The duties of the Summer Camp Assistants include but are not limited to:
- Supervise groups of children
- Assist and participate in group activities including but not limited to cooking, crafts and science experiments, field trips, and other physical activities
- Use group management skills to engage all children in daily activities
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for children
- Serve as a role model for children
- Facilitate the inclusion of special needs participants in your program whenever possible
- Manages accidents and incidents according to procedures.
- Reports any and all accidents/incidents to the Child Care Coordinator.
- Completes required reports/paperwork
- Oversees general upkeep and care of equipment, supplies and facilities used.
- Arrives at work on time in summer camp appropriate attire
- Notifies Child Care Coordinator of personal or professional difficulties with campers, parents or staff.
- Reports incidents of Child Abuse/Neglect observed by you or reported to you by a child.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Strong classroom management skill;
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the philosophy and unique goals of Lycée Louis Pasteur;
- Fluent in French and English.
- Up-to-date First Aid & CPR certificates;
- Up-to-date police Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Valid Child Development Worker Certificate (former Level 2) and higher.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line – Summer Camp Assistant to email@example.com.
Applicants must submit a cover letter.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
July 2nd, 2019 for a duration of 8 weeks (from July 2nduntil August 23rd, 2019)
Job Type: Full-time